IHE acts as the secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for International Students, which provides a focal point for political activity and industry cooperation on the important issue of international education and students in the UK.
The APPG’s statement of purpose is as follows:
To recognise the internationalisation and global prominence of UK education; promote the value of international students to UK education, economy and ‘soft power’; raise awareness of issues which affect international students and UK education; and provide a platform for collaboration between parliamentarians, international education institutions and professionals and business leaders.
The APPG is governed by the following officers:
- Paul Blomfield MP (Co-Chair and Registered Contact)
- The Lord Bilimoria CBE DL (Co-Chair)
- Mark Logan MP (Secretary)
- Baroness Uddin (Treasurer)
- Alison Thewliss MP (Vice-Chair)
- Baroness Warwick of Undercliffe (Vice-Chair)
- The Rt Hon Lord Willetts (Vice-Chair)
Visit the APPG website for more information at internationalstudents.org.uk