N.B. If you have any enquiries or would like an application form, please email email@example.com
The application process for membership consists of three components:
1. Submission of documentation
- Application fee of £150
- Application form, outlining how the provider meets the Principles of Independent Higher Education
- Supplementary evidence which comprises one or more of the following:
- QAA: your most recent Self Evaluation Document submitted before your review, your final public report, and any subsequent follow-up reports or action plans
- Validation: the submission to your university partner before the last validation event, and your most recent annual monitoring report
Alternative documentary evidence may be accepted by prior arrangement only. Documentation must date from within the last 5 years. All documents provided as part of the application process will be kept strictly confidential and not shared with our Board, members or any other third parties without your prior written consent.
2. Visit or interview
- Interview with head of institution to learn more about the mission and ethos of the provider and how it would expect to engage with Independent Higher Education
- Visit, where possible, to view the campus and meet with staff and students
3. Consideration by the Board
- Summary report on application to be considered by our Board, who will then make a recommendation on membership for approval. The decision of the Board is final.
- The Board may request further information or documentation before coming to a decision, or decide that a further period of developmental engagement is needed.