Who can join?
Membership of IHE is open to any organisation which identifies as an independent provider of higher education, professional training or pathway programmes in the UK, which meets our conditions of membership, and which commits to upholding our Principles.
This includes universities and tertiary colleges which developed outside of the UK’s publicly funded sector; specialist institutions embedded in a particular industry or profession; brand new providers and those moving into the regulated UK HE market; colleges dedicated to widening access and participation to disadvantaged groups; organisations delivering higher education in partnership with universities and employers; and providers of study abroad and pathway programmes to international students.
IHE enjoys significant influence in the UK’s higher education sector, representing independent providers to government and on various committees, nominating individuals to key sector boards and groups, and generally acting as the voice of the independent higher education sector. IHE also works collaboratively with other sector organisations to promote the UK as a leading global centre for education and provides the secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Group for International Students.
Members have the opportunity to shape our work, making sure that their interests are represented and their challenges understood by Ministers, government officials and policy makers in every area which impacts on their business and their mission.
Members also benefit from a range of opportunities for support, promotion and development:
- Expert advice on policy and regulation, including Office for Students registration, quality assurance, data management, student feedback, corporate and academic governance, visas and immigration, and more
- Representation on complex and sensitive issues from an organisation trusted as a mediator by government and regulators
- Access to communities of practice and peer-to-peer support through our Networks and Forums
- Essential updates on policy, regulation and sector news delivered by email, the website and face to face
- Promotion on the IHE website, digital media and in presentations to key influencers including DIT commercial officers, British Council staff, UK government officials and foreign embassy attachés
- Regular free webinars on topical issues of policy and practice from IHE experts,partners and sector organisations
- Access to decision makers and influential policy thinkers in ‘Chatham House’ events and private meetings
- Substantial discounts for staff attending CPD training, workshops and seminars, and our Annual Conference
- Further discounts on tailored professional services from IHE’s commercial partners
For more information on IHE membership please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3929 3370.