- Covid-19 Information Hub
- Government announcement on £50million hardship funding.
- Letter to students on hardship funding from the Minister for Universities
- New guidance and templates for outbreak plans for providers in higher education, including best practice for smaller institutions has been released. We encourage you to use these examples to support your own planning, and to identify the types of information most appropriate for you to collect and submit to NHS Test and Trace if you need. Read in full.
- Providers should also see the HE Action Card, which outlines the areas your outbreak plan needs to cover so that it can be sent to your local public health authority. If you meet these requirements you do not need to develop your plan with your local public health authority. Read in full.
- The Government has advised students with PT jobs to should speak to employers about the Coronavirus job retention scheme or their institutions for any hardship funds that are available.
- The Government has encouraged institutional leaders to prioritise student mental health.
- Reopening buildings and campuses. On 10 September the Government updated the Higher Education Guidance on reopening buildings and campuses. This guidance reflects changes to government guidance for social gatherings and greater numbers of local restrictions. It follows new guidance for further education and Schools. Members should note that higher education providers are autonomous institutions and DfE can issue guidance only, but providers must still follow the law: Duty of care to staff, students and visitors and Equality Act 2010. Read the guidance in full
- Work spaces have separate guidance: Read in full
- New guidance on ventilation: Read in full
- The Government has also released guidance on working with local authorities. Read in Full
- OfS – Guidance for providers about quality and standards during coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- OfS – FAQs for students
- Department for Education – guidance on isolation for residential educational settings
- Department for Education – collection of guidance for education providers
- Department for Education – travel guidance for education settings
- Department for Education – Higher education: reopening buildings and campuses
- Department for Health and Social Care – guidance on mental health support during the outbreak
- DfE helpline for higher education staff, students and parents:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
- Student Minds – Coronavirus resources
- Jisc – Managing emotionally challenging situations for frontline staff
- Universities UK – Principles and considerations: emerging from lockdown
- Universities UK – Strategic Framework for mentally healthy universities
- Universities UK – Beginning the Conversation: Responding to domestic violence and abuse in higher education communities during Covid-19 pandemic
- OfS – Supporting student mental health
- OfS – Coronavirus briefing note: Student Accommodation
- OfS – Coronavirus briefing note: Students without family support
- CUBO – Guidance for the Collection of Student Belongings from University Managed Residences
- Student Minds –Launch of Student Space mental health platform