- Students in halls of residence and private accommodation blocks may return home if they are able to do so but should otherwise be supported to remain in their accommodation and should not be required to leave if their contract is up or it does not ordinarily cover holiday periods.
- Students are allowed to leave halls if they are returning permanently to their parents’ home.
- Students with symptoms or who have been identified as a member of a potentially infected group should only return home if they are able to do so without using public transport, and upon returning the entire household should isolate itself for 14 days.
- The Government has advised students with PT jobs to should speak to employers about the Coronavirus job retention scheme or their institutions for any hardship funds that are available.
- The Government has encouraged institutional leaders to prioritise student mental health.
- OfS – Guidance for providers about quality and standards during coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- OfS – FAQs for students
- Department for Education – guidance on isolation for residential educational settings
- Department for Education – collection of guidance for education providers
- Department for Education – travel guidance for education settings
- Department for Education – Higher education: reopening buildings and campuses
- Department for Health and Social Care – guidance on mental health support during the outbreak
- DfE helpline for higher education staff, students and parents:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Minds – Coronavirus resources
- Jisc – Managing emotionally challenging situations for frontline staff
- Universities UK – Principles and considerations: emerging from lockdown
- Universities UK – Strategic Framework for mentally healthy universities
- Universities UK – Beginning the Conversation: Responding to domestic violence and abuse in higher education communities during Covid-19 pandemic
- OfS – Supporting student mental health
- OfS – Coronavirus briefing note: Student Accommodation
- OfS – Coronavirus briefing note: Students without family support
- CUBO – Guidance for the Collection of Student Belongings from University Managed Residences