- Covid-19 Information Hub
- The NSS 2021 was published including questions and data on student views during the pandemic.
- The BBC reported on the mental health aspects of the survey.
- The OfS published a report on the Financial Sustainability of providers.
- The regulator has released an insight report on COVID-19 and Uni Connect.
- Updated Student FAQs have been released following the Government announcement.
- OfS has published a new FAQ on resources for providers in the event of a suspected outbreak. They note the DfE helpline, PHE dedicated advice service for universities and HE providers, and the DfE HE Guidance.
- The Office for Students has announced measures to reduce unnecessary burden on universities and other higher education providers. Read the announcement.
- The OfS has written (30 July, 2020) to providers updating them on their approach to regulation and information about deadlines for data returns. This includes outlining their approach to: embedding the model of engagement with providers that has operated during the pandemic; publishing revised guidance on principles-based regulation; as well the OfS approach to monitoring and intervention, reportable events, and notifications. The OfS has also said it will reduce the use of enhanced monitoring, and relaunch its suspended consultation on monetary penalties, as well as confirming its plans for the resumption of other ongoing consultations.
- OfS has announced that it is consulting on proposals to strengthen student protection regulation, specifically for provides most at risk of market exit. The new condition would require compliance with student protection directions from OfS, and the introduction of a “Market Exit Plan”. The consultation also proposes to expand definition of student protection to include: teach out, exit awards, IAG for students, and complaints. The deadline for this consultation is 11 September 2020.
- OfS – letter setting out reduced regulatory and reporting requirements from 25 March
- OfS – Provider Guide to Coronavirus
- Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education – information on apprenticeships
- OfS – letter to accountable providers 14 March
- OfS – Coronavirus briefing note: student accommodation
- Government support package for universities and students
- Consultation on the integrity and stability of the English higher education sector
- Regulatory notice 5: Condition Z3 Temporary provisions for sector stability and integrity
- OIA updated guidance on complaints handling during Covid
- OfS letter to accountable officers and providers of 30 July.
- OfS consultation document on proposals to strengthen student protection regulation.
- The OIA has released an updated student FAQ during the coronavirus.
- Ofqual has updated guidance for providers of vocational and technical education including BTECs, as well as awarding organisation data.
- The latest Office for National Student COVID Insights Survey has been released.