- The Home Office has released new guidance for students and providers of Tier 4 and short-term study which replaces all guidance issued to date. Read the guidance for clarification around language testing, starting courses online, extending leave in the UK, online contact points, hours of study, volunteering and more.
- Visa holders and short-term residents can apply to have their leave extended to 31 May 2020 by contacting UKVI’s Coronavirus Immigration Team.
- All international students (on both Tier 4 and Short Term Study routes) may now apply from within the UK to extend their leave or switch to another immigration route.
- UKVI will not take any compliance action against students for non-attendance due to Covid-19 and sponsors should not report any such absences.
- Tier 4 students are permitted for the first time to study online either in the UK or overseas.
- IELTS tests have been cancelled across China until the end of April.
- UK citizens studying abroad have been advised to return to the UK.
- Sponsored employees who are waiting for their application to be decided can start work if they have been assigned a CoS, they submitted their application before their current visa expired and the role they are employed in is the same as the one on their CoS.
- All Chinese provinces have now announced dates for the staggered reopening of schools and universities
- Department for Education – Travel guidance for education settings
- Home Office – Covid-19 factsheet: visa customers outside of the UK
- Home Office – Covid-19 factsheet: visa holders and short-term residents in the UK
- Home Office – Covid-19 factsheet: guidance for sponsors
- Home Office – Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for Tier 2, 4 and 5 sponsors
- Letter from Minister Donelan to International Students 9th April 2020
- Home Office – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tier 4 sponsors, migrants and short-term students
- UKCISA – Information for international students
- UKCISA – Mindfulness seminar
- UKCISA – HEPI Blog Looking after international students during the Covid-19 crisis – and after
- Carter Thomas – Guidance on Tier 4 student coronavirus (Covid-19) related absences
- Carter Thomas – UK immigration updates
- IC Cafe Webinars – HE International Student Recruitment Covid-19 Tracker
- British Council – All Chinese provinces have now announced dates for the staggered reopening of schools and universities