- Latest financial support and confirmation of the extension of the furlough scheme from the Treasury can be found here.
- Any employees or staff told to self-isolate after 28 September 2020 may be eligible for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment. This is particularly important for self-employed staff or others who are not able to work from home.
- The Government has announced a new Winter Economy Plan which includes measures around a new Job Support Scheme, the extension of the Self Employment Income Support Scheme, as well new flexibilities to help businesses pay back loans. It also includes cuts and payment deferrals for VAT.
- HE providers can access the Coronavirus Business (and Large Business) Interruption Loan Schemes, and the Covid-19 Corporate Financing Facility. It should be noted that “any grant from the CJRS should not duplicate other sources of public funding where these are being maintained, such as UK home student tuition fees.
- ‘Bounce Back’ Loans of up to £50,000 have been launched for SMEs, with 100% government guarantees and no interest or repayments in the first year.
- SLC ‘term 3’ tuition fee and maintenance payments will be made as scheduled.
- SLC have closed their offices, helpline and social media – read their statement.
- SLC tuition fee payments in 2020-21 will be restructured so that the 25% due in Term 2 will be paid earlier – read the SLC FAQ.
- There is guidance for what to do if you are in work but cannot work due to having COVID
- Government Support Package for Higher Education Providers and Students
- Business Support: financial and economic support for businesses
- Specific guidance on the financial support for higher education (including eligibility for the different schemes)
- Step-by-step guide to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme from HMRC
- Department for Education – defining ‘key workers’ within higher education institutions
- Updated CJRS guidance
- HMRC – videos and webinars on business support and Job Retention Scheme
- Newable SME Covid-19 Webinar Series
- Shakespeare Martineau – Covid-19 Resource Hub
- Shakespeare Martineau – Webinar series
- Pinsent Masons – Advice for UK HR professionals
- Pinsent Masons – Coronavirus news and information
- Pinsent Masons – Coronavirus: immigration implications for UK employers
- VocTech Trust has launched a fund to support providers who deliver vocational learning sector in the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic to help them move online
- House of Commons – Coronavirus: implications for the higher and further education sectors in England
- Letter from Emma Hardy MP, Shadow Minister for Universities
- NUS Student Safety Net Campaign