Cambridge English is driven by world-class research and a profound commitment to: delivering educational excellence, providing increased opportunities for learners and teachers and offering value to teachers, educational institutions and employers promoting language learning to benefit society as a whole. Cambridge English combines the experience and expertise of two world-leading departments of the University of Cambridge – Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press. Over 5 million people a year take our exams, and many millions more use our resources and materials to study and learn English.
Communications Management is a specialist strategic communications, public relations and public affairs consultancy for the HE sector. We help client institutions with positioning, differentiation, reputation, reach and influence. We provide strategic counsel, creative campaigns and retainer programmes. We operate in the UK and internationally through our network of HE associate agencies. We’ve worked in the sector for 30 years and our consultants tend to be recruited from in house HE backgrounds and other relevant industries. Independent HE clients have included GSM London, Met Film School and London Institute of Banking and Finance.
EY provides specialist tax, assurance, legal and advisory services to the UK education sector, with particular focus on the delivery of strategic tax and compliance services to commercial education providers. EY’s “Five Golden Rules” for commercial education providers highlight that tax, like all costs in a business, can be mitigated through an effective tax strategy.
- Get the basics right: Timely, accurate compliance can reduce unforeseen tax costs, interest and penalties, and fosters a healthy relationship with HMRC.
- Use real estate assets strategically: Tax efficient design and space allocation at the design phase can significantly reduce debt requirements associated with real estate development and operation..
- Tax Transformation: Maximising use of IT and automation within the compliance function can heavily reduce resource time; whilst increasing scope to identify and mitigate tax risk in the business.
- Review your international strategy: For both inbound recruitment and expansion overseas,, consider both the UK and international tax implications to avoid tax leakage when developing the optimum global delivery platform.
- Confirm your tax status: HMRC and BIS continue to challenge the tax status of commercial higher education providers in the sector. Failure to understand your status can impact on pricing, cash flow and solvency.
FPP EDU Media offers global student recruitment services through fairs, virtual fairs, webinars, social media and networking workshops. FPP’s most recognised events, EDUEXPOS & The Student World (student recruitment fairs) are held in over 40 cities and 20 countries throughout Latin America, Europe, Asia, India and the Middle East.
In Latin America, the British Council attends EDUEXPOS to promote UK education, the Canadian and New Zealand governments partner with FPP to organise their official education fairs, and the Australian government has signed an agreement with FPP to be their official partner in Latin America for 2016.
FPP has a huge online reach with over 1.5 million likes on its student-facing Facebook page, EduFindMe. Whether you are looking to recruit from Latin America or any other region, FPP can help you reach your recruitment goals.
Fragomen is the world’s leading single-focus provider of global immigration services, dedicated exclusively to immigration advice and services for more than six decades. The immigration compliance and education team offers a variety of services for the education sector, including:
- Processing all applications under the Points Based System
- Compliance packages including:
- Full annual audit with associated report findings
- Regular compliance checks and recommendations
- Right to study and work checks
- Visa expiry tracking
- Access to compliance helpline
- Strategic planning advice
- Suspension and revocation consultancy and representation
- Government liaison services
- Advice on immigration implications of corporate restructures
Fragomen also has a Government Strategies team which supports the work of the immigration compliance team by building relationships with immigration officials and providing clients with policy advice and access to senior decision makers within government.
With 10 years’ experience, we deliver the complete marketing solution for your business needs. From branding to design for both print and screen, we create unique and captivating design solutions, on time and on budget. We work with blue chip companies and dynamic startups across the UK tackling design briefs with passion and personality, producing unique concepts that deliver results. www.fuse-design.co.uk
The multi-disciplinary team at Penningtons Manches understands the issues faced by education establishments in today’s market. With a pragmatic and innovative approach, we are able to support FE and HE providers around the country by offering advice on:
- general consumer protection law, data protection compliance and audits.
- immigration compliance, sponsor licensing, bespoke training and risk management
- Home Office enquiries and investigations
- partnering and collaboration agreements
- governance and charity
- employment and pensions issues
- finance and banking arrangements
- restructuring, amalgamations and take-overs
- property, development, student accommodation and planning issues
- academy conversions
- educational oversight and regulatory issues
For further information please visit www.penningtons.co.uk/Sectors/Education
IHE members receive a free initial consultation and preferential rate on services from Penningtons Manches. Please contact us for more information.
Please note that Independent HE takes no responsibility for the services provided by Commercial Members.