Communications Management is a specialist strategic communications, public relations and public affairs consultancy for the HE sector. We help client institutions with positioning, differentiation, reputation, reach and influence. We provide strategic counsel, creative campaigns and retainer programmes. We operate in the UK and internationally through our network of HE associate agencies. We’ve worked in the sector for 30 years and our consultants tend to be recruited from in house HE backgrounds and other relevant industries. Independent HE clients have included GSM London, Met Film School and London Institute of Banking and Finance.
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software and services higher education institutions need to help students succeed. More than 2,400 institutions in over 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education for over 18 million students. Ellucian provides students information systems (SIS), finance and HR, recruiting, retention, analytics, and advancement software solutions. With more than 1,400 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services such as application software implementation, training, education and management consulting. Visit Ellucian at www.ellucian.com
EY provides specialist tax, assurance, legal and advisory services to the UK education sector, with particular focus on the delivery of strategic tax and compliance services to commercial education providers. EY’s “Five Golden Rules” for commercial education providers highlight that tax, like all costs in a business, can be mitigated through an effective tax strategy.
- Get the basics right: Timely, accurate compliance can reduce unforeseen tax costs, interest and penalties, and fosters a healthy relationship with HMRC.
- Use real estate assets strategically: Tax efficient design and space allocation at the design phase can significantly reduce debt requirements associated with real estate development and operation..
- Tax Transformation: Maximising use of IT and automation within the compliance function can heavily reduce resource time; whilst increasing scope to identify and mitigate tax risk in the business.
- Review your international strategy: For both inbound recruitment and expansion overseas,, consider both the UK and international tax implications to avoid tax leakage when developing the optimum global delivery platform.
- Confirm your tax status: HMRC and BIS continue to challenge the tax status of commercial higher education providers in the sector. Failure to understand your status can impact on pricing, cash flow and solvency.
FPP EDU Media offers global student recruitment services through fairs, virtual fairs, webinars, social media and networking workshops. FPP’s most recognised events, EDUEXPOS & The Student World (student recruitment fairs) are held in over 40 cities and 20 countries throughout Latin America, Europe, Asia, India and the Middle East.
In Latin America, the British Council attends EDUEXPOS to promote UK education, the Canadian and New Zealand governments partner with FPP to organise their official education fairs, and the Australian government has signed an agreement with FPP to be their official partner in Latin America for 2016.
FPP has a huge online reach with over 1.5 million likes on its student-facing Facebook page, EduFindMe. Whether you are looking to recruit from Latin America or any other region, FPP can help you reach your recruitment goals.
MHA Mtaxco is an independent VAT advisory firm, lead by three partners, all of whom have worked in the largest professional advisory firms. Together, we put 75 years of commercial experience, specialist knowledge and technical expertise to good use, building sustained and successful partnerships based on trust, integrity and professional competence.
UK VAT legislation does not provide a level playing field between universities and independent providers of higher education. We can help you navigate a safe path to a better outcome for your business.
The multi-disciplinary team at Penningtons Manches understands the issues faced by education establishments in today’s market. With a pragmatic and innovative approach, we are able to support FE and HE providers around the country by offering advice on:
- general consumer protection law, data protection compliance and audits.
- immigration compliance, sponsor licensing, bespoke training and risk management
- Home Office enquiries and investigations
- partnering and collaboration agreements
- governance and charity
- employment and pensions issues
- finance and banking arrangements
- restructuring, amalgamations and take-overs
- property, development, student accommodation and planning issues
- academy conversions
- educational oversight and regulatory issues
For further information please visit www.penningtons.co.uk/Sectors/Education
IHE members receive a free initial consultation and preferential rate on services from Penningtons Manches. Please contact us for more information.
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm with an international higher education practice. Our market leading team includes over 150 lawyers based in our UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Australian offices and provides a full service offering to the sector, advising universities, higher education institutions, pathways providers and new entrants to the market. Our global footprint enables us to advise both UK and overseas clients on their responsibilities to the challenges and opportunities of an increasingly global market. Through our international network of 22 offices, we regularly advise on overseas projects ranging from the establishment of branch campuses, academic collaborations and international recruitment arrangements.
Our grounding in higher education governance and policy means that we can offer clear and practical advice for independent higher education providers on the acquisition of degree awarding powers and university title and the regulatory regime beyond.
Our approach is pragmatic and commercial, and clients say that we are ‘exceptionally responsive and proactive’.
Please note that Independent HE takes no responsibility for the services provided by Commercial Members.
For more information on commercial membership please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3929 3370.