IHE and Hotcourses Group announce partnership for Independent Higher Education Category in 2018 What Uni Student Choice Awards
New award category will rank participating independent higher education providers on their student experience scores for the first time.
In partnership with Independent Higher Education, Hotcourses Group has launched a new category for independent providers of higher education in the 2018 What Uni Student Choice Awards (WUSCAs). The new Independent Higher Education Award category is open to all UK independent higher education institutions that are eligible to feature on the Whatuni website. Institutions are not required to have degree awarding powers to be included in the award category.
The addition of the new category means that independent providers will be included in the WUSCAs for the first time. The award will be based on student reviews submitted online and students will be invited to comment and score the following aspects of their experience; ‘Overall Experience’, ‘Job Prospects’, ‘Course & Lecturers’, ‘Uni Facilities’, ‘City Life’, ‘Student Support’ and ‘Giving Back’. The rankings for the award will be based on the ‘Overall Experience’ scores only.
Participating institutions will need a minimum of 50 student reviews to be eligible and reviews are welcome from all students studying a Level Five qualification or higher.
Alex Proudfoot, Chief Executive of Independent Higher Education, said:
“I’m thrilled to be embarking on this partnership with Hotcourses, a company I have known for a long time and know to be passionate about education and the chances it offers for people to change their lives for the better.
“Opening the What Uni Student Choice Awards up to the full spectrum of independent higher education providers will help more students hear about the fantastic programmes they deliver and is a great way of celebrating the rich diversity of the sector.”
How to get involved:
- More information on getting involved with the Independent Higher Education award category can be found here.
- To get involved with the awards your institution must have course listings on Whatuni. To check if you already feature on the site, please search here: https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/find-university/
- If you do not already have a profile on Whatuni and would like to be involved, please contact Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no exclusions around taught degree awarding powers (TDAP) to be eligible for ranking in this category.
- The deadline for student reviews to be collected is 9 March 2018.
For further information from Independent Higher Education please contact:
Joy Elliott-Bowman, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Independent Higher Education
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 0207 6088453
Independent Higher Education is the UK membership organisation and national representative body for independent providers of higher education, professional training and pathways. Further information can be found at our website – http://www.independenthe.com/. We can also be found on Twitter @independent_HE.
- On 28th November 2017