For the first time this year the annual Independent Higher Education conference will be held over two days to allow additional time for members to share their knowledge, experience and innovations.
Submissions are invited from member organisations which highlight innovative and exceptional practice within teaching and learning, student support, staff development or institutional development (including for example governance, business development and/or data management).
These sessions might highlight a successful programme you are running to support students, or they might feature an innovative way you deliver course content. We also welcome presentations on the way you engage industry in your teaching, learning and careers activity, your activities for staff development or something on your activities with your local community.
Four presentations will be selected to be delivered on the afternoon of Monday 27th November. Presenters must be available to present on the day. At the conference, each presenter will give a 15-20 minute presentation, followed by 15-20 minutes of questions and discussion. Presentations will be delivered in the main conference hall.
Those selected to give presentations will be provided with a one-day conference pass for the Monday session.
Presentations will be selected by the Independent Higher Education panel which meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence or innovation in one or more of the Principles of Independent Higher Education
- Relevant to independent providers of higher education
- Evidence of impact of activity outlined in presentation
- Original content
- Approach to presentation
- Diversity of content across the chosen presentations
How to submit
By 13 September 2017, please email email@example.com with an 800-word (max) outline of your proposed presentation setting out clearly:
- The excellent or innovative practice which is the feature of your presentation, including its impact or outcome on students, staff or the institution
- How the practice was developed, and the evidence you have of success
- The relevance of your presentation to the Principles of Independent Higher Education
- How you plan to present your material and engage with conference participants
Please also include:
- The working title of your presentation
- Your name and the names of any co-presenters (maximum 2)
- Your member organisation
- Your email address and a phone number to contact you on
The deadline for submissions is 13 September 2017. Presenters whose submissions are selected will be notified by 20 September 2017, ahead of the early-bird conference rate closing 28 September 2017.
For further information about the conference or submitting your proposal, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posted by Independent HE
- On 31st July 2017